Bizdev-993600

team-endorsed

Proposal Name: bizdev-993600
Members: Mastermind | @mastermind on Discord
Cost: 2,500
Voting: Vote via the Proposal section in the Blocknet wallet

mnbudget vote 419acfc012340a4d57b72a8987709265a14c6d70985b004781335e792d15ba01 yes

Background/Previous Work::
I recently introduced the Blocknet development team to a senior contact within the blockchain group at a global financial institution to discuss Blocknet’s capabilities and explore possible business use cases.

The feedback from the meeting was extremely positive. The Blocknet development team and myself agreed that we should continue looking at these types of opportunities for partnerships going forward (among others) which is why I am submitting this funding proposal for a continuing role with the project to lead its business development efforts.

My background is primarily in technology and banking. In the past, I ran my own technology consulting company and created custom designed software solutions for my clients. I have been involved in Bitcoin since 2011 and have followed this incredibly dynamic industry ever since.

I currently work as an investment banker covering large corporate clients. My primary responsibility is generating new ideas for clients that would be profitable for the bank (business development) with ancillary responsibilities typical of every investment banker (credit and lending, financial analysis, raising capital, M&A, etc).

Strategy:
Blocknet has a niche, the tech, and an opportunity to take the lead in the interoperability space- but it is abundantly clear that this message has not gotten to the right decision makers at the right companies.

My initial targets will be global financial institutions (Citi/JPM/BAML/HSBC/DB/MS/GS/Standard Chartered/RBC/UBS/Barclays/etc.) and global consulting firms (Bain/McKinsey/Accenture/Boston/Booz Allen/PwC/EY/Deloitte/KPMG).

The rationale behind this strategy is that the top financial institutions and consultants both have the largest companies in the world as their clientele. Their role is to understand their client’s strategy and to help them execute on that strategy, which means they usually have a pretty good insight into what their clients want and what they might need to 1) generate more revenue 2) save time or 3) cut costs.

I have many connections within these companies/sectors and feel confident that I will be able to ignite interest in the project and land our first partnership as a result of my efforts.

The amount requested for this Superblock is a retainer to begin spending time contributing to this project for the month of July.