Bizdevel-1036800

team-endorsed

Proposal Name : bizdev-1036800
Owner : Mastermind | @mastermind on Discord
Cost : 2500 BLOCK
Voting: Vote through the Proposal section in the wallet

mnbudget vote 151746eab7bd26b48559e70755997f5bbc520283c41dd7dfbf8f5c723e03d79b yes

July Business Development Summary
We now have a much stronger presentation to provide to prospective clients with the completion of the partnership pitch deck. Initial calls with clients have had their rocky points, as we are pitching a new technology on top of another relatively new technology, but as we go forward the discussions will be more refined as we gain insight on how clients are thinking of applying Blocknet to their business model. Looking forward to continuing to build the pipeline and pressing on with the initial strategy as outlined in my first proposal last month.

Current pipeline:
Banking Sector:
-We received positive feedback from the client from the initial call we had back in June. The client invited us to a second call scheduled for July 30th to speak with their FX team to explore a possible use case.

Consulting Sector:
-Initial call with a global technology consulting firm to discuss possible partnership structures. Feedback was mixed. I am revising the pitch deck to clarify specific business cases for the technology and how it can apply to the firm’s clients. I will reach out next week with the client to follow up on our discussion.

Background/Previous Work:
My background is primarily in technology and banking. In the past, I ran my own technology consulting company and created custom designed software solutions for my clients. I have been involved in Bitcoin since 2011 and have followed this incredibly dynamic industry ever since.

I currently work as an investment banker covering large corporate clients. My primary responsibility is generating new ideas for clients that would be profitable for the bank (business development) with ancillary responsibilities typical of every investment banker (credit and lending, financial analysis, raising capital, M&A, etc).

Strategy:
Blocknet has a niche, the tech, and an opportunity to take the lead in the interoperability space- but it is abundantly clear that this message has not gotten to the right decision makers at the right companies.

My initial targets will be global financial institutions (Citi/JPM/BAML/HSBC/DB/MS/GS/Standard Chartered/RBC/UBS/Barclays/etc.) and global consulting firms (Bain/McKinsey/Accenture/Boston/Booz Allen/PwC/EY/Deloitte/KPMG).

The rationale behind this strategy is that the top financial institutions and consultants both have the largest companies in the world as their clientele. Their role is to understand their client’s strategy and to help them execute on that strategy, which means they usually have a pretty good insight into what their clients want and what they might need to 1) generate more revenue 2) save time or 3) cut costs.

I have many connections within these companies/sectors and feel confident that I will be able to ignite interest in the project and land our first partnership as a result of my efforts.

The amount requested for this Superblock is a retainer to begin spending time contributing to this project for the month of August.