Blockchain Events

Proposal – Blockchain events

The Blocknet is fortunate to have one of the best speakers on decentralization, interoperability, and the interchain —> ARLYN! Arlyn has just attended EthBerlin, and in addition to giving a presentation, he chaired a panel debate on the interchain, which was arranged to feature founders from Cosmos, Polkadot, POA, Keep, and of course the Blocknet.

Such events are opportunities to (a) build relationships with key people, and (b) to build a common understanding of the interchain that avoids centralization around one blockchain. © They cement the Blocknet’s standing alongside these big “interoperability” projects. They also can lead to (unplannable) things like this whiteboard session, which build relationships and strengthen Blocknet’s credibility amongst the brightest influencers in the space.

It is extremely difficult to give the Blocknet a prominent public presence against these much larger and better-funded projects. But when speaking and participating in these big events, Blocknet will get very high exposure, and to the right people.

I believe this is one of the better ways to let the voices of Blocknet be heard, and so this is a proposal to fund Arlyn’s attending and speaking at several conferences per year.

Arlyn does not want any money for the time he uses on this! He only would like his expenses for the trips covered, like flights, hotels, and attendance fees. In general, the flights will be the most costly thing, which makes everything predictable: flights: $800-$1000; accommodation: $120/night (3 or 4 nights for Europe, 5 or 6 for the US to get over jetlag).

My proposal is for Arlyn to attend these 6 blockchain events (which Arlyn has handpicked):

1. IEEE ICBC (International Conference on Blockchain and Cryptocurrency) -

2. Paper on interchain standards [submission date: 2 Dec 2019]

3. ZCon2 - ZCash Foundation - proposed paper: zk proofs on the interchain

4. Cryptovalley (June 2020) - paper: the interchain is the decentralized API ecosystem

5. Web3 Summit - paper: XRouter: solving the Web 3 monetisation problem

6. DevCon 4 (Sept 2020) - TBC (well-curated; top talent attends)

7. EthBerlin 2020 - TBC (depends on theme)

Estimated cost: $10806

Since there is no hurry, to avoid putting pressure on the superblock system, I propose to fund this over 12 months. Monthly total: $900.05. In BLOCK at current price: 677.

To avoid causing any downward pressure on the price, the BLOCK will be liquidated gradually over several months. Block DX will be used exclusively, to add a little extra volume to the DEX.

Arlyn will receive the funds, not me.

If there are excess funds, Arlyn will put them in a public address and keep them for later events. If the price of BLOCK goes lower, then we will have opportunity to top up the funds with more BLOCK, to enable him to attend all the conferences.

Really hope the service nodes will back up my proposal and vote yes! Together we stand stronger!

Some videos of Arlyn

Founder of Blocknet Speaks: The Crypto Space is Now at a Critical Point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnIFzFbTCMQ

Arlyn Culwick speaking on Blockchain interoperability at the Blockchain Expo North America, November 28th 2018 and taking questions from the Audience. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30PoqlE5eig

Crypto Beagles’ interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOSV6KIoRLU