Core Development Proposal 1209600

Core Development Proposal 1209600
Proposal Name: michael-dev-dec
Owner: michael
Cost: 16500 BLOCK
Voting: Vote through the Proposal section in the wallet

mnbudget vote 007662c7372a312cbf70070d01c6291831c5cfb0a21cf111d1d9ec6e020e73c2 yes

November recap
In November I completed the wallet redesign integration effort on the new basechain (upcoming Blocknet 4.0 release). I combined the redesign and classic wallets into the same codebase. The classic= flag in the blocknet.conf can be used to easily switch between them. I also added support for Segwit in the new basechain, which will be enabled when the majority of the stakers adopt the new protocol. This latest work can be reviewed here: https://github.com/blocknetdx/bitcoin/commits/blocknet. Also in November, I code reviewed and helped release Block DX 1.5.0. Testnet builds for the upcoming Blocknet 4.0.0 release can be obtained here: https://gitlab.com/blocknetdx/bitcoin/pipelines/

All Items in the Core Development task summary have been completed:

• New basechain implementation (COMPLETE)
  • PoS upgrade (COMPLETE)
  • Service Node system (COMPLETE)
  • Governance system (COMPLETE)
  • XBridge (COMPLETE)
  • XRouter, XCloud (COMPLETE)
  • Wallet Redesign integration (COMPLETE)

December Development Overview
The plan for the month of December is to support the final development and release Blocknet 4.0.0, including working on bug fixes and related optimizations (specifically on the Governance system). The new Governance system is on-chain, as a result I’m working on a vote-on-stake feature that will cast votes on new utxos automatically. The team is also working on a new roadmap outlining the goals for 2020.

Current tasks

• Blocknet 4.0 release
  • Vote-on-stake feature
  • Bug fixes and optimizations

Other tasks

• Maintenance and bug fixing on Blocknet products (XBridge, XRouter, XCloud, Block DX)

Upcoming XRouter tasks:

• XRouter C++ library
  • XRouter golang library
  • Blocknet Name Service (XRouter DNS)
  • Nginx support (COMPLETE)
  • URL plugin type (COMPLETE)