Core Development Proposal 1252800

Core Development Proposal 1252800
Proposal Name: michael-dev-jan
Owner: michael
Cost: 16800 BLOCK
Voting: Vote through the Proposal section in the wallet

mnbudget vote 282d774b5dcdaab3a3a59faa12443b9b43f47b067f43cf0a47f1079c50063f09 yes

December recap
In December I’m continued working on the new Blocknet 4.0 release (formerly referred to as v18) that we are planning on releasing in January. This work includes fixing bugs discovered by the QA team as well as stability improvements and adding support for OSes including Windows, ARM, Raspberry Pi, Mac and Linux (Xenial, Bionic, Debian). I also implemented unlock for staking only feature on the 4.0 codebase. Blocknet 4.0 was also added to the main blocknet repository and can be reviewed here: https://github.com/blocknetdx/blocknet/commits/4.0.0 Test builds for the upcoming Blocknet 4.0 release can be obtained here: https://gitlab.com/blocknetdx/blocknet/pipelines/

All Items in the Core Development task summary have been completed:

• New basechain implementation (COMPLETE)
  • PoS upgrade (COMPLETE)
  • Service Node system (COMPLETE)
  • Governance system (COMPLETE)
  • XBridge (COMPLETE)
  • XRouter, XCloud (COMPLETE)
  • Wallet Redesign integration (COMPLETE)

January Development Overview
Release Blocknet 4.0! Immediately after the new wallet release I plan to begin developing the XRouter libraries that will allow developers to query the network without any wallets installed locally. This will improve support for enterprise customers and server environments. I will also be working on bug fixes on the new 4.0 wallet pending issues reported by users.

Current tasks

• Blocknet 4.0 release
  • Vote-on-stake feature
  • Bug fixes and optimizations

Other tasks

• Maintenance and bug fixing on Blocknet products (XBridge, XRouter, XCloud, Block DX)

Upcoming XRouter tasks:

• XRouter C++ library
  • XRouter golang library
  • Blocknet Name Service (XRouter DNS)
  • Nginx support (COMPLETE)
  • URL plugin type (COMPLETE)