Core Development Proposal 1339200

Proposal Name: michael-dev-mar
Owner: michael
Cost: 9000 BLOCK
Voting: Vote via the Proposal screen in the wallet (v4 has a new vote command)

vote 755e3745fe5fbf401e6321ef12428275375cd9a8452ce31a7eac6d5940a6be4b yes

February recap
Released Blocknet Comet (v4.0) on February 10th! Since then we have release two additional hotfix builds (4.0.1 and 4.0.2). I have worked very hard on getting everything ready for this big release. Immediately after the release I have been working primarily on bug fixes reported by the community and QA team. I added “getstakingstatus” rpc call for those of you that want to track the built in staker. Upcoming fixes include: service node registration and ping fixes, staking fixes (new v6 staking protocol being developed), and crash fixes. I’ve also been working on the Enterprise XRouter Proxy that we’re testing internally (currently v0.5.2).

Review progress in these branches:

Test builds for the Blocknet 4.0 release can be obtained here:

March Development Overview
The goal for March is to catch up on the XRouter library tasks. These XRouter libraries will allow developers to query the network without any wallets installed locally. I’m working on the C++ library first, followed by the goland library targeting the Ethereum dev community. The Enterprise XRouter Proxy will continue to be developed (This will support high traffic service node operators). I am planning on completing the service node screen in the GUI, adding the ability to unlock the wallet from the top menu, and other bug fixes and improvements. Some of you reported issues with raspberry pi devices, we’re going to take a look at how we can optimize the initial load of the Blocknet v4 client to consume fewer resources.

Current tasks

• v4.0 bug fixes (service nodes and staking)
  • XRouter C++ library
  • Enterprise XRouter Proxy
  • Service node operator screen
  • Unlock from menu
  • Improved rasp pi support
  • Bug fixes and optimizations

Other tasks

• Maintenance and bug fixes on Blocknet products (XBridge, XRouter, XCloud, Block DX)

Upcoming XRouter tasks:

• XRouter golang library
  • Blocknet Name Service (XRouter DNS)