Proposal Name: operations-team-1339200
Owners: hanniabu, 86b, aderks, fattox
Cost: 12540 BLOCK
vote 4846415d6b2660b3fde094b158479192a1137c5d380bc8c247d7c2bf9f852974 yes
We (hanniabu, 86b, aderks, fattox) have decided to submit our proposals as a single group considering how much we rely on each other due to how closely we work together.
We began contributing to Blocknet in 2017 and are the silent contributors that keep the project running smoothly by working on a range of items from administrative tasks, to documentation, to support and QA. Below is a summary list of items we have worked on in the past Superblock period.
Admin, project forecasting, & strategy
- Core team strategic discussions
- Review/finalize the newsletter
- Submitted newsletter and release emails
- Maintain Blocknet email
- Organize and send payments for articles
- Forward new staking ROI information to Nik for BridgeBot adjustments
- CFA voting and spending sheet updates
- Review release posts and articles
- Publish Blockfolio post for new release
- Sharing and analyzing competitor research
- Block DX task management
- Release announcments
Documentation & site maintenance
- Partake in XBridge partial order spec discussions
- Partake in ETH adapter discussions
- Migrated Discord API bot to Blocknet 4.0
- Updated Discord API bot infield boxes to not display inline
- XCloud API Documentation Portal (DM for more details)
- Built new Docker image intended for use as a coin testing template
- EOS Docker image updates
- All things v4.0 support
- Aiding setup and fielding questions for DIVI OTC trades and setup
- Investigating, solving, and providing feedback to various trading issues
- ETH SPV setup and troubleshooting
- Wallet corruption troubleshooting and resolution
- Adjust pywallet to cater to our address prefixes
- New reward structure explaining and discussions
- Docker-related support
Maintenance and QA
- Blocknet v4 support and sanity checks
- Ongoing staking QA regarding orphans and snode reregistration
- XRouter proxy ETH fixes
- Exhaustive proposal submission and voting testing and QA
- Addressing and conducting Parity ETH database migration timetables
- Startup xbridge.conf generation testing
- Startup blocknet.conf generation testing
- Migration v3 wallet.dat copy to v4 testing
- XRouter error reporting related to snode connectivity and fielding requests
- Main release testing and QA (Comet v4.0 and BLOCK DX v1.6.0)
- Block spacing analysis, troubleshooting, QA, and testing relative builds
- HD wallet assessment + documenting
- Overhauling testnet servers
- Investigate and document EOS .deb database discrepancies against building from source
- Identify dxCancelOrder issues and test fixes
- Pinpoint Parity ETH database corruption issues, sync from backup
snode ping on non-exchange modetesting
- nextsuperblock testing and QA
- Review and test gettradingdata & dxGetTradingData changes
- Review XR proxy updates
- Investigate local issue on port exhaustion (currently monitoring fix)
- Resetup ETH on XR after database migration and upgrade
- backupwallet QA
- Staking auto revote testing
- Staking auto register testing
- Block DX QA
Coin Integration and Testing
- Configuration, testing, and coin updates
- Genesis tests on prospective coin additions plus error feedback
- Communicating with necessary projects regarding coin changes and repo updates
- Begin staging error chains on server
The following list are main items we plan to be working on in the following Superblock period. Keep in mind that some of these may not be completed this upcoming Superblock period, may be pushed back due to a change in priority, or may be ongoing long term items.
- Continue the ongoing tasks mentioned in the “Admin, project forecasting, & strategy” above
- Continue the ongoing tasks mentioned in the “Documentation & site maintenance” above
- Complete setup for XR Proxy for ETH nodes to continue discussions with interested parties
- Setup snode groups behind a domain
- Continued XBridge, XRouter, and XCloud testing and QA
- Continued Block DX QA
- Continued wallet release QA
- Complete Block DX localization support
- Organize discussions on roadmap refinement
- Continue to work on the new blocknet.co content
- Testing environments - Installation/config/maintenance/expansion of all relevant systems.
- Auto configuration (wizard) updates testing and QA.
- Other bug reporting, error tracking, and logging + any other relevant QA tasks with UAT/devs.
- Partake in any BizDev/partnership discussions with potential partners.
- Integration strategy - Including future platform investigation/testing within UAT (ETH, EOS and beyond).
- Product analysis - Related to the areas both the above (external products) and below (our products). Discussions within the team on technical considerations.
- Assisting in any efforts we make towards pushing awareness of Blocknet throughout the communities of our supported projects and partners, as well as towards fresh eyes, by working with new partners and influencers where advantageous. Co-marketing efforts may be taken up when deemed to be beneficial.
- Collaborating on content creation for Blocknet’s Social Media, to aid in driving traffic to our site and community channels.
- Collaborating on other developmental/marketing strategies and initiatives, with both the Strategy group and the team as a whole.
- Collaborating on the creation and maintenance of documentation: EG Tutorials, resources, informative articles and other content, for both our community and a wider audience.
- Collaboration and communication with current partners, delegates and other teams we work with.
- Dealing with any necessary discussions and negotiations undertaken with any other potential partners and third-parties who would like to work with us. EG: Exchanges, dev teams and any other interested parties.
- Communicating closely with content creators to arrange the creation of works (videos, podcasts, articles), focused on promoting Blocknet to the masses.
- Coin Announcements lifecycle: from initial integration/QA to community/partner outreach and coordination of announcements/support. Creating ANN media.
- Helping to support and promote the use of Block DX to communities that are integrated in to our protocol, both old and new. Using raffles, airdrops, tips (etc) as a way to enable people to try the DX using these small portions of BLOCK as trade-fees.
- Support - Both within the community and also helping out partners who are interested in testing our products.
Any questions or concerns, feel free to ping me at any time!
The amount requested for this Superblock is a retainer for hanniabu, 86b, aderks, and fattox to continue contributing to this project.