Proposal Name: UAT-Fattox-907200
Voting: Vote via the Proposal section in the Blocknet wallet
mnbudget vote ad57c099630eab05a0c4e0231ab97d1e2283786290915abeebfac32d03ddb293 yes/no
Previous Work: Working as part of UAT (with 86b/Aderks) and alongside Hanni for the past year, plus other team members where required, including our devs as part of QA tasks. Voluntary efforts within the community for almost a year prior to joining the core team.
Until 5 weeks ago i was balancing my regular 9-5 day job with my work within Blocknet (being here 6-7 days/week, 40+ hours/week average).
Since leaving my day job, i have spent all my extra time working more hours within Blocknet, mostly alongside future-facing use cases and investigative efforts/QA/testing mostly with 86b. As well as the usual UAT tasks with 86b, aderks, Hanni and others such as our dev team. Working with Phil and other contributors on some Marketing topics such as coin announcements, collaborative content efforts within the team, plus being involved in communication with certain relevant partners both current and future.
Rather than sticking to this habit of 80+ hour weeks like i have been doing for the past month, and which most other team members commit to, i would rather stick to a more conservative 40-50 hours average at this time and not increase my hours nor my salary.
(Realistically… i will likely spend far more time here than that, because i’m a Blocknet junkie, but i’d like to have the option at least. )
I have certain other self-development goals (technical skills) that i wish to commit a little time to, but want the bulk of my daily focus to be on Blocknet, of course. Leaving my day job has freed up a lot of my time and energy, and i’d like to use a little for myself, and the rest on a greater capability to focus the efforts i put in to my Blocknet tasks.
Some of the areas i currently work on and/or intend on working on, as required and according to our priorites, as they evolve:
- Integration strategy - Including future platform investigation/testing within UAT (ETH and beyond).
- Product analysis - Related to the areas both the above (external products) and below (our products). Discussions within the team on technical considerations.
- XRouter/XCloud testing and QA.
- Block DX UI QA.
- Wallet/Client release QA.
- Auto configuration (wizard) testing and QA.
- Other bug reporting, error tracking, and logging + any other relevant QA tasks with UAT/devs.
- Support - Both within the community and also helping out partners who are interested in testing our products.
- Coin Announcements lifecycle: from initial integration/QA to community/partner outreach and coordination of announcements/support. Creating ANN media.
Note: The format of the above will be changing very shortly, we wanted to hit most in our list once with our current polls, to give them a more individual ‘competitive’ focus prior to the next steps. These next steps should allow us to clear our listings backlog quicker, leaving more time for us to look towards approaching new projects that require a ‘first home’ exchange. We would like to ultimately become the new go-to for new projects that need an initial listing to trade on (think EtherDelta in 2017), hopefully driving more adoption and general awareness towards Block DX, as well as our project as a whole.
- Helping to support and promote the use of Block DX to communities that are integrated in to our protocol, both old and new. Using raffles, airdrops, tips (etc) as a way to enable people to try the DX using these small portions of BLOCK as trade-fees.
- Assisting in any efforts we make towards pushing awareness of Blocknet throughout the communities of our supported projects and partners, as well as towards fresh eyes, by working with new partners and influencers where advantageous. Co-marketing efforts may be taken up when deemed to be beneficial.
- Collaborating on content creation for Blocknet’s Social Media, to aid in driving traffic to our site and community channels.
- Collaborating on other developmental/marketing strategies and initiatives, with both the Strategy group and the team as a whole.
- Collaborating on the creation and maintenance of documentation: EG Tutorials, resources, informative articles and other content, for both our community and a wider audience.
- Collaboration and communication with current partners, delegates and other teams we work with.
- Dealing with any necessary discussions and negotiations undertaken with any other potential partners and third-parties who would like to work with us. EG: Exchanges, dev teams and any other interested parties.